(UPDATED:) Piedmont Newnan Tightens Up Visitation
(Adds information about how to contact patients by email, in bold type below)
Visitor Policy Guidelines (Updated July 12, 2020)
From Piedmont Newnan Hospital website
In light of COVID-19’s sustained community transmission of a serious infectious agent, visitation in inpatient areas is prohibited at this time.
In other areas of the hospital, it is restricted as follows:
- One support person (visitor) will be allowed for the following patients:
- Legal guardians or family caregivers if it is determined necessary for the care of the patient (such as end of life care, NICU and other minors receiving care).
- Labor and delivery patients will be allowed one support person.
- Visitors will not be permitted into the room of a patient who is positive for COVID-19.
Everyone who enters the hospital, including any approved visitors, must follow safety guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- All approved visitors must pass the health screen, which includes taking their temperature and asking them the COVID-19 screening questions. Any visitor who does not pass the health screen will be required to leave the facility.
- All patients, staff and approved visitors must wear a face mask inside the facility at all times.
- All approved visitors must limit their movement within the facility to decrease interaction with staff and the public.
The only vendors who will be permitted entry are those who are essential to patient care, such as those involved in surgery and direct patient services, and they will require approval and must pass the same health screening.
Piedmont encourages the use of electronic devices to communicate with patients who are hospitalized. Piedmont Newnan has an email line for families and friends to send messages and well wishes to loved ones currently staying in the hospital as a way for them to connect during our no-visitor policy. Family members and loved ones can send well wishes to patients they know are currently staying at Piedmont Newnan by emailing [email protected]. We ask that they include the patient’s full name and room number in the message.
While we regret the inconvenience it may cause for some patients, safety is at the center of our organization and we believe these steps are necessary to create the safest environment at our hospital.