Taste of Senoia returns on Sunday, April 24
From Special Reports
The Taste of Senoia, hosted since 2010 by the Senoia Optimist Club, is scheduled for Sunday, April 24 from 1 to 4 p.m. in downtown Senoia.
At least 20 restaurants / eateries will provide delicious food “tastes” either at their downtown properties or at the Senoia Farmers Market located at 40 Travis Street.
In addition, there will be silent auctions and raffles inside the Masonic Lodge (19 Main Street). Also, a major raffle will be conducted for a 7-day stay at the Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort in Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Fla. This deluxe 2 bedroom condo – valued at $2,700 – is inside the Disney property gates, and your vacation week is set up for July 17 – 24, 2022! These raffle tickets are already being sold for only $50 each, and only 200 tickets are being sold. Tickets for this special trip can be purchased now at Table Talk in downtown Senoia or from Debbie Mashburn at Farmers Insurance (next to Wings & Things on Hwy. 16). You can also purchase tickets by contacting a member of the Senoia Optimist Club directly, or by emailing [email protected].
If tickets for this premier raffle are still available the day of the event, you can purchase them at either the Masonic Lodge or the Farmers Market where tickets for “tastes” can be purchased. It is also planned that tickets will be sold that day outside of City Hall (80 Main Street).
Some of the highlights of our Taste of Senoia are as follows:
• most Senoia restaurants/eateries will provide tastes of one or more of their delicious foods
• food taste tickets are only $1 each (most tastes are 1 to 4 tickets)
• raffle & silent auction items, many of which are being donated by local businesses / vendors, will be at the Masonic Lodge
• major raffle for 7 day stay in Lake Buena Vista (Orlando) FL ($2,700 value)
• pie eating contest at 3 p.m. at Cutie Pies & Cakery (48 Main Street, Suite 1C); Cutie Pies is providing the location (their business), and pies for the contest.
In addition to the premier raffle, other raffles and silent auctions with items from local businesses will be taking place.
Overflow parking will be available the day of the event (after their morning worship service ends at noon) at the Senoia United Methodist Church located at 229 Bridge Street. It is at the intersection of Seavy and Bridge Streets.
For more information about the Taste of Senoia, please email [email protected]. Also, please feel free to access their Facebook page (“Senoia Optimist Club”) for information related to this event and other activities.