Coweta Association of Retired Educators Announces October 13 In-Person Meeting
From Special Reports
Coweta Association of Retired Educators will meet Tuesday, October 13, at Royal Baptist Church in Newnan, from 11:45 a.m. until approximately 1 p.m.
Meeting at the church, located at 70 Mayo-Royal Industrial Boulevard, allows CARE members to practice such CDC safety guidelines as social distancing, mask-wearing, and temperature checks. Although the group has temporarily discontinued serving refreshments prior to each meeting, the October program will feature a special time of fun and fellowship for old and new members to get acquainted and safely socialize.
“The state organization GREA requires that our meetings focus on one of these areas: fellowship, service, or support,” explained President Sherry Warren in a letter to members. “In the past couple of years, we have added some field trips to increase the opportunity for fellowship.”
“Because I have heard so many members say they really do not know a lot of our members well, our October meeting will be a FUN and FELLOWSHIP meeting where you will learn a lot about each other,” Warren said. “Do not miss it!”
The business agenda will also include discussion of these future events:
• Trip to Georgia Retired Educators Museum in Flowery Branch October 15.
• Observance of Retired Educators Day November 1.
• Presentation from Drug Enforcement Administration November 10.
• Excursion aboard Historic SAM Railroad Presidential Flyer with lodging at Lake Blackshear Resort November 20-21.
• Scholarship fundraiser bazaar and auction December 15.
• Evening at Atlanta Botanical Gardens December 17.
• Scholarship fundraiser barbecue February 9.
• Alzheimer’s Walk at Brown’s Mill Battlefield Historic Site March 9.
All retirees from any educational setting, public or private, are invited to join the local unit, as well as the parent organization Georgia Retired Educators Association. More information is available on Facebook at CARE Coweta Association of Retired Educators and GREA @garetirededucators. GREA also has a Twitter account @GeorgiaRetired, Instagram garetirededucators, and website www.garetirededucators.org.