Coweta County 911/EMA Announces the Creation of Logan’s Law Database
From Coweta County Press Release
Coweta County 911/Emergency Management Agency (EMA) in partnership with the Georgia Emergency Communications Authority (GECA), announces the creation of Logan’s Law database, beginning July 1, 2023.
This feature will help 9-1-1 operators to alert first responders that there are individuals in the home who may have special needs.
“In an emergency, safety is always a primary concern,” said Michael Terrell, 911/EMA Director. “We are encouraging all Coweta County residents to call and register your family member who may have a special need into our database.”
This feature helps Coweta County 911/EMA:
· Respond more compassionately once dispatched
· Identify any triggers that may be overwhelming to an individual
· Assist first responders in knowing who or what to look for
· Promote cost efficiency by providing the most appropriate response
· Reducing burden on law enforcement, public health and other safety resources
For more information or to fill out the form, please visit the 911 Department page on www.coweta.ga.us or contact 770-254-5809.