Coweta County Kindergarten Registration for 2021-22 starts Feb. 1
From Coweta County Schools Press Release
Parents can register their children for 2021-22 Kindergarten classes in the Coweta County School System starting Monday, February 1.
Parents are encouraged to register their Kindergarten-age child during this early period since many will be enrolling for school for the first time and early registration avoids the rush of registering near the start of the new school year.
Kindergarten classes in Coweta County Elementary schools are open to all Coweta children who will be five-years-old by September 1.
Registration for new students in grades 1-12 will begin June 1.
Kindergarten Registration is conducted through an online registration system. Questions can be directed to [email protected], or by calling the system’s Central Registration Center at 770-254-5551. Parents who do not have access to online capabilities should contact the registration center for assistance.
To register a student online, follow the directions below:
Go to www.cowetaschools.net and complete an online pre-registration (located on the page under the heading “School Registration”). Be sure to select the school year 2021-2022 when you begin the application. In addition to basic information, parents can then upload electronic copies (pdf, a high-quality jpeg or other photo, or other format).
Parents will be asked to upload the following digital-format documents (a pdf or clearly legible picture will be acceptable):
• Birth Certificate or Passport for the student. Birth certificates may be obtained for a fee at the Coweta County Probate Court Office in downtown Newnan (770-254-2640).
• Social Security Card of child being enrolled (or complete the waiver in the application).
• Parent/Guardian Driver’s License or other state issued ID.
• Georgia Immunization Certificate-form #3231. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with a waiver found in the application.
• Georgia Hearing, Dental, Vision, Nutritional Screening-form #3300. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with a waiver found in the application. Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician.
• Proof of Residency (two items from the following list):
- Current monthly mortgage statement which indicates the location of the residence (If you purchased the home within the last 30 days, please submit the Closing Disclosure)
- Apartment/home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address
- Current electric bill or Letter of Residency from your electric provider showing service address
- Property tax record which indicates the location of the residence
- Voter precinct identification card with current address
- (Please note: if proofs are not in the parent or legal guardian’s name, please also upload the ID for the person whose name appears on the proofs
Other Helpful Documentation for enrollment include custody documents, if applicable, and special education documents (IEP for services).
After completing the online registration, parents will receive an email confirming submission of the application. After the application is reviewed by the registration staff, parents will receive another email with the application status and further instructions.
Submitted applications will be reviewed during normal business hours Feb. 1- May 28, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In order to follow the social distancing guidelines, visits to the school system’s Central Registration Center are by appointment only. The Center cannot accept any walk-in registrations at this time.