Coweta County School System Online School Registration now available
From Coweta County Schools Press Release
Parents of students who are new to the Coweta County School System can register their children for the 2020-2021 school year through a new online registration system.
Parents who began registration before schools closed on March 13, but did not complete the process, will need to begin the process again to complete an online registration. Parents with questions about the process can call the registration center at 770-254-5551 or write to them at [email protected].
Parents are urged to register students as early as possible to avoid the rush of registering near the start of the new school year on Thursday, August 6.
To register a student online, parents can go to www.cowetaschools.net and complete an online pre-registration (located on the page under the heading “School Registration”). In addition to basic information, parents can then upload electronic copies of required student documents and proof of residency documents (pdf, a high-quality jpeg or other photo, or other format).
PARENTS UPLOAD the following digital-format documents:
• Birth Certificate or Passport for student. Birth certificates may be obtained for a fee at the Coweta County Probate Court Office in downtown Newnan (770-254-2640).
• Social Security Card for student.
• Parent/Guardian Driver’s License or other state issued ID.
• Georgia Immunization Certificate – form #3231. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.
• Georgia Hearing, Dental, Vision, Nutritional Screening – form #3300. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.
(* Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.)
PROOF OF RESIDENCY (two items from the following list):
• Current monthly mortgage statement which indicates the location of the residence
• Apartment/home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address
• Current electric bill or application for electrical service showing service address
• Property tax record which indicates the location of the residence
• Voter precinct identification card with current address
(Please note: if proofs are not in the parent or legal guardian’s name, please also upload the ID for the person whose name appears on the proofs)
* Other helpful documentation for enrollment include custody documents, if applicable, academic transcripts and/or withdrawal form, and special education documents (IEP for services)
After completing the online registration, parents will receive an email with their application status and further instructions.
Parents who do not have access to online capabilities can still visit the school system’s Central Registration Center at 167 Werz Industrial Boulevard in Newnan, by first calling 770-254-5551 to schedule an appointment to pick up a paper registration packet. In order to follow the social distancing guidelines, the school system’s Central Registration Center cannot accept any walk-in registrations at this time.
The registration center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. from May 1 through May 29. Over the summer (June 1 through July 16), the center will be open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and closed on Fridays.
For assistance, parents can contact the school system’s Central Registration Center at 770-254-5551 or by email to [email protected].