February Calendar: You’re gonna love these events
From Staff Reports
There are a number of fun events and fundraisers in February. Make note and mark your calendar.
• The Coweta County Public Library System and Volunteers from the AARP Foundation have partnered once again to prepare federal and state tax returns for FREE at local libraries. Tax preparation and free electronic filing on Wednesdays at the Central Library branch and Thursdays at A. Mitchell Powell, Jr Library now through mid April. Visit cowetapubliclibrary.org for more information.
• Chattahoochee Bend State Park has a Heart Scavenger Hunt throughout the month. Visit the park and find all the hearts any day in February! Pick up your Hearts Scavenger Hunt list at the Visitor Center. Find all 14 to claim a prize. Look for more events at https://gastateparks.org/ChattahoocheeBend.
• Senoia Area Historical Society will have a new exhibit in February. And the lady wore … vintage! What’s YOUR idea of vintage? The Senoia Historical Society’s exhibit features decades of style. Culled from the private collections of its members, many of the vintage dresses on display will feature their histories. Exhibit runs Feb. 9-25. http://www.senoiaareahistoricalsociety.org/.
• Piedmont Newnan is offering several programs scheduled for American Heart Month. Look for their ad in the February issues of The Weekly and visit www.piedmont.org/womensheartsupport.
• You can have a delicious meal and support Coweta students on February 12 with ELEVATE Coweta Students Be Mine For Dinner fundraiser. Steaks, potatoes and more … what’s not to love? For more information and tickets visit elevatecowetastudents.org .
• Coweta County schools will be closed February 13-17 for Mid-Winter Break.
• February 14th is Valentine’s Day … check out the Smallcakes Cupcakery ad in this week’s issue of The Weekly for sweets for your sweetie.
• February’s Backyard Association meeting will be February 14 at 7 p.m. Master Gardeners will discuss How To Prune Common Shrubs and Bushes. Call 770.254.2620 or email [email protected] beforehand for a chance to win door prizes. 255 Pine Road, Newnan.
• The City of Newnan will celebrate the completion of the LINC’s Section C and host a ribbon cutting ceremony Friday, February 17 at 10 a.m. (473 Greison Trail). It was originally scheduled for Feb. 10, but weather delays forced a new date.
• Join Newnan Leisure Services at The Wadsworth Auditorium Friday, February 17 at 7:30 p.m. for another Free Movie event … the 2022 Marvel Cinematic Universe feature Black Panther: Wakanda Forever! With arms crossed in front of your chest, you’ll be shouting “Wakanda Forever!” Just, please, don’t drop your handfuls of popcorn.
• Join the fun and celebration of Fat Tuesday by visiting downtown Senoia on Tuesday, February 21, 6 p.m. for their 2nd annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. enjoysenoia.com.
• Support your local theatre and visit Newnan Theatre Co. Friday and Saturday, February 24 and 25, for Drop Dead Elegant Interactive Murder Mystery and Dinner. You can move around the sets to look for clues, ask the actors questions, and solve the murder(s). 7:30 to 10 p.m. http://www.newnantheatre.org/
• Keep Newnan Beautiful will host their Tire Amnesty on Saturday, February 25. Look for their ad in the latest issue of The Weekly for more information or call 678-673-5505 , email [email protected].
• The Board of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Coweta County invites you to the 16th Annual Oscar Gala MISSION: POSSIBLE. This popular black-tie event will take place February 25 at 7 p.m. at the Newnan Centre. Proceeds from the Annual Oscar Gala benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Coweta County.
• John McCutcheon will perform a benefit concert for Ukraine at Newnan Presbyterian on Sunday, February 26 at 3 p.m. He is a master instrumentalist, folk music renaissance man and storyteller. 38 Greenville Street.