Medical Clinics offer free, low-cost healthcare services to Coweta residents
By LATINA EMERSON, The Deal Finder
While COVID-19 is at the forefront of most people’s minds, it’s important to remember that preventing and managing other illnesses and medical conditions are equally critical to maintaining good health. Many people of all ages don’t receive routine health screenings or seek essential health care services because they can’t afford them.
Often, they don’t have health insurance or can’t pay for the costs associated with medical care, such as doctor’s office visits or co-pays, lab and medical tests and prescription drugs. However, neglecting one’s health can have costly physical and financial consequences.
To make healthcare more accessible to everyone, free and discount medical clinics in Coweta County and surrounding areas are providing high-quality services to those in need. Learn more:
YourTown Health is a network of seven non-profit Community Health Centers that serve Meriwether, Pike, Lamar, Coweta, Carroll and South Fulton counties. YourTown Health provides quality health care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners offer the following services:
- Primary health care services, including treating short term illnesses, like the flu, and managing chronic conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Also, preventive services such as cancer screenings, immunizations, annual physicals and diagnostic lab work.
- Pediatric and adolescent care, including annual health checks and immunizations.
- Immunizations for all patients, including the seasonal flu vaccine, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines, Pneumovax (to prevent pneumonia), Varivax (for chickenpox) and Gardasil (for HPV).
- Women’s health services, including annual gynecology exams, Pap smears, breast and cervical cancer screenings and family planning, as well as obstetrical services related to pregnancy, childbirth and the time following childbirth.
- Geriatric health care services that offer prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases that are related to aging.
- Bilingual, culturally competent staff for Hispanic patients.
- Assistance from a nurse who works with Patient Assistance Programs to help patients get free or low-cost medications.
- Free COVID-19 testing and COVID-19 vaccines
- Telehealth services
Here are some nearby YourTown Health locations:
- Senoia: 48 Main St., Suite 3A, Senoia, Ga. 30276 (Coweta County), 678-723–0400
- Palmetto (Family Medicine and Dental): 643 Main St., Palmetto, Ga. 30268 (Fulton County), 770-463–4644
- Palmetto QuickCare: 507 Park St., Palmetto, Ga. 30268, 770-463-4644
- Carrollton: 202 Croft St., Carrollton, Ga. 30117 (Carroll County), 770-834–2255
For more information, visit http://www.yourtownhealth.com.
Coweta Samaritan Clinic
Coweta Samaritan Clinic at 137 Jackson Street in Newnan offers free primary medical care to Coweta County residents who meet certain requirements. People ages 19 and older qualify for free medical care if they are residents of Coweta County, have no health insurance and have a household income below 200 percent of the federal poverty level, which is $25,520 for a single person or $52,400 for a family of four.
The clinic diagnoses, treats and helps patients manage acute illnesses such as COVID-19 and the flu, as well as chronic diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes. Patients can receive free prescription medications and supplies through a prescription assistance program. Diabetes counseling and nutrition education are also available. When required, patients also receive referrals to free or low-cost specialty care, such as imaging, screening, diagnosis, treatment and surgery.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Coweta Samaritan Clinic is not accepting applications for new patients. The clinic will provide an update when it begins screening new patients again.
Current patients can call the clinic at 770-683-5272 to schedule an appointment, request a prescription refill or speak to a social worker. Services are provided by appointment only, Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The clinic is closed on Fridays. Telemedicine appointments are also available. During the COVID-19 pandemic, basic dental care for current patients is unavailable.
Healing Bridge Clinic
Healing Bridge Clinic at 215 Willow Bend Road in Peachtree City provides free primary health care to residents of Coweta, Fayette and South Fulton counties who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford medical services.
To qualify, all patients must be uninsured (without any form of health insurance) and below the federal poverty guidelines. They must be 18 to 64 years old and provide a valid and current photo ID with current address, as well as proof of residency (utility bill from the previous month with the patient’s name and address listed.) For patients living with someone else, a notarized affidavit is required from the homeowner. Patients must provide proof of household income from the past 30 days.
Services provided by nurse practitioners and volunteer providers include general medicine, women wellness care, cardiology, dermatology, chiropractic, denture (limited), vision (limited), mental health counseling, addiction counseling, physical therapy (by referral) and spiritual resources. Lab tests, X-rays, MRIs and imaging services are also provided to patients.
Patients are seen by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 770-681-0157 or email [email protected]. The clinic is open on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Telemedicine appointments are also available. For more information, visit https://healingbridgeclinic.org.
Walmart now offers a variety of health care services at affordable prices. Walmart Health provides primary care (wellness checks, physicals, sick/injury visits, immunizations and chronic condition diagnosis, care and management), optometry, dental, counseling, labs, X-rays, hearing services and classes (nutrition and fitness). Services vary by location.
Walmart Health at 1025 Bullsboro Drive in Newnan offers medical, dental, hearing and counseling services and immunizations. For more information, call 678-633-6509. To schedule an appointment, visit walmarthealth.com.
The Little Clinic
Some Kroger stores offer health care services through The Little Clinic. Board-certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants care for common illnesses, minor injuries, skin conditions and ongoing health issues, in addition to providing vaccinations, physicals, screenings and dietitian services. The clinic treats patients 12 months and older.
In Newnan, The Little Clinic is located at 1751 Newnan Crossings Blvd. E. For more information, call 678-423-5854. To schedule an appointment, visit www.thelittleclinic.com.