The Staging Life: Best Remodeling Projects for the Most Return on Investment
By Nan Johnston, Special to The Shopper
Remodeling Magazine has released its 33rd annual Cost vs. Value Report.
It’s a study of the standard industry of the cost of the most popular remodeling projects vs the return on that investment (ROI). The data is gathered by surveying more than 3,200 real estate professionals.
Each year the magazine uses the average cost of the same 22 projects and not only compares the return on the investment but also the retention of value from year-to-year.
When a homeowner remodels their home, it’s easy to get caught up on the monetary investment and dreaming of a 100 percent return on the cost, hoping that it will add tons of equity. However, not all home improvement projects are going to appeal to everyone and it’s easy to over-improve or over-personalize, costing the homeowner money in the long run.
Here are a 3 projects that proved to increase in value since 2019 projects.
• Manufactured Stone/ Veneer shows a 95.6% cost recoup
• Roofing Replacement/ Metal shows a 61.2% cost recoup
• Master Suite Addition/Upscale shows a 51% cost recoup
The following projects have the highest return on investment nationwide.
• Manufactured Stone Veneer 95.6% cost recoup
• Garage Door Replacement 94.5% cost recoup
• Minor Kitchen Remodel/Midrange 77.6% cost recoup
• The good news is that all 22 of the projects show a return on investment not lower than 50%.
For more information about your specific region or city, go to https://www.remodeling.hw.net/cost-vs-value/2020/south-atlantic/.
If you need help deciding on cosmetic improvements, contact Nan.
Nan Johnston is a professional home staging consultant from Newnan with over 30 years experience in the real estate industry. Check out her website for some interesting before and after photos at www.southern-staging.com. Feel free to contact her at [email protected].