The Weekend Guide: Things To Do – July 21-24

673
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

Below are fun, educational and family-friendly events in-and-around Coweta County this weekend and Monday.

The National Weather Service in Peachtree City says to expect a typical summer weekend weather-wise with highs on Friday at 93 degrees, 86 on Saturday and 88 on Sunday. Mostly to partly sunny skies all weekend with a 30 percent chance of an afternoon thunderstorm Friday, 50 percent Saturday and 20 percent Sunday. Overnight lows near 70 degrees.

Check out our weekly music column to see the local venues and artists performing THIS WEEKEND.

To submit an event, email [email protected]. Events below subject to change.

July 21 – FRIDAY

Teen Movie Day
2 p.m. at Newnan Carnegie Library, 1 LaGrange Street, Newnan • 770-683-1347
Join the folks at Newnan Carnegie Library for a Teen Movie Day. The movie to be show is rated PG 13. Please call the library for the name of the movie. Sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Coweta County and the Newnan Carnegie Library Foundation. Registration is required via EVENTBRITE.

Park Frenzy Friday
4-6 p.m. at Ray Park, 91 Spring Street, Newnan
Join Newnan Leisure Services for free games, giveaways and sweet treats in celebration of Park and Recreation Month.

Senoia Alive After Five
5-9 p.m. in downtown Senoia
Everyone is invited to Senoia’s Summer Festival with activities for all ages, local shopping, artists, lots of new vendors, food trucks, live music by The Expectations and much more.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream
7 p.m. at the Nixon Centre, 1523 Lower Fayetteville Road, Newnan • 770-254-2787
It’s not too late to get your tickets to this weekend’s STAR performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream.’ Last week, students were privileged to learn from movement director, choreographer and facilitator for The Globe Theatre Kate Webster. The skills learned will surely help them execute an amazing performance of one of Shakespeare’s most popular works.  Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at thenixoncentre.net.

The Dusk Dimension: A Story of Pine Hills Estates
7:30 p.m. at Newnan Theatre Company, 24 1st Avenue, Newnan • 770-683-6282
An Interactive Murder Mystery and Dinner. Imagine if you will, an ordinary neighborhood. The perfect picture of Americana. Everyone hustling and bustling about, not unaware of their friendly neighbors but engrossed enough in their own lives that there isn’t much time for deeper connections. But what if in this neighborhood existed a threat… a threat from another world. Tickets are $75 which includes a plated dinner. For tickets, visit http://www.newnantheatre.org/.

July 22 – SATURDAY

Coweta County Farmers Market / Newnan
8:30 a.m.-Noon at Asa M. Powell Sr. Expo Center, 197 Temple Avenue, Newnan
Every Wednesday and Saturday (thru mid-October) Local farmers  offer homegrown fruits, vegetables, homemade food items, plants and more!

Senoia Farmers Market
8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at 40 Travis Street, Senoia
It is a community-oriented marketplace that features a variety of local farmers, food producers, artisans, and craftsmen. You can find a wide selection of fresh produce, including fruits and vegetables, herbs, and flowers. There are also local food producers selling homemade baked goods, jams and jellies, honey, and other artisanal products. The market also features handmade crafts, such as pottery, jewelry, and textiles. Visitors can enjoy live music, food trucks, and other family-friendly activities.  EVERY Saturday.

Serenbe Farmers Market
9 a.m. -1 p.m. at 9110 Selborne Lane, Palmetto
Serenbe Farmers Market offers a variety of healthy foods and artisanal goods on a large green space surrounded by a canopy of trees. Spend the morning shopping for your weekly groceries or unique gifts & wears while enjoying the beauty of nature.

Peachtree City Market
9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Aberdeen Village Shopping Center, Aberdeen Parkway, Peachtree City
This market brings approximately 60 vendors offering a variety of fresh produce, poultry, beef and pork, bread, sweet treats, honey, eggs, prepared foods and so much more. It’s the perfect place to find the consummate gift for the foodie in your life and visitors will also find live music going on.

Riverside Walk
9:30 a.m.-Noon at Chattahoochee Bend State Park, 425 Bob White Way, Newnan
Join the naturalist at the Day Use Area picnic tables, then go on a two-mile hike on our riverside trail to the observation tower and back. We will learn the history of the Chattahoochee River and the wildlife surrounding. Bring water, comfortable close-toed shoes, and make sure to wear your sunscreen and bug spray.

Summer Reading Party Finale
10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Central Library, 85 Literary Lane, Newnan • 770-683-2052
Celebrate the end of summer reading with a party at the library. Join the Coweta Public Library System for this Finale Party. Enjoy the grand prize drawing, performances and lots of fun for all ages. Rain or shine. All library events are free and open to the public.

Bingo Night
7-9 p.m. at Leaf and Bean, 22 West Court Square, Newnan • 770-683-7290
This will be a first come, first serve event! So mark your calendars and be there early. We’ve got limited seating, 50-60 people. A sign-in sheet will be set up upon arrival, and there is a max of 6 bingo cards per round! All cards can be purchased at the beginning or cards can be purchased between rounds (Cash, card, venmo, or PayPal are payment options). $25 for 4 cards & dauber, $5 for a card. There will be 4 rounds and PRIZES for EACH winner of the round! This event’s proceeds benefit the Newnan-Coweta Humane Society.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream
7 p.m. at the Nixon Centre, 1523 Lower Fayetteville Road, Newnan • 770-254-2787
It’s not too late to get your tickets to this weekend’s STAR performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream.’ Last week, students were privileged to learn from movement director, choreographer and facilitator for The Globe Theatre Kate Webster. The skills learned will surely help them execute an amazing performance of one of Shakespeare’s most popular works. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at thenixoncentre.net.

The Dusk Dimension: A Story of Pine Hills Estates
7:30 p.m. at Newnan Theatre Company, 24 1st Avenue, Newnan • 770-683-6282
An Interactive Murder Mystery and Dinner. Imagine if you will, an ordinary neighborhood. The perfect picture of Americana. Everyone hustling and bustling about, not unaware of their friendly neighbors but engrossed enough in their own lives that there isn’t much time for deeper connections. But what if in this neighborhood existed a threat… a threat from another world. Tickets are $75 which includes a plated dinner. For tickets, visit http://www.newnantheatre.org/.

Summer Drive-In Movie Night
9 p.m. at Eastgate Shopping Center, 150 Bullsboro Drive, Newnan
For one night the parking lot at Eastgate Shopping Center – Newnan’s Original Retail Destination – will turn into a drive-in theater, playing The Princess Bride. This is a FREE event, but snacks, drinks, and other goodies will be for sale. We will also be accepting donations for Luke’s Big Heart, a foundation supporting families of children facing organ transplants. Come make a memory with us! Rain dates is July 29.

July 23 – SUNDAY

Shriner’s Cookout
10 a.m.-3 p.m. at The Barber Shop of Newnan, 20 Baker Road, Newnan • 770-254-2227
The Barber Shop of Newnan and Newnan Shrine’s Club are hosting a cookout with all proceeds going to the Shriner’s Children Hospital. The food will be burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks. Cost of food plates will be a donation of $5 and drinks $1.

Stage Manager Workshop
3-5 p.m. at Newnan Theatre Company, 24 1st Avenue, Newnan • 770-683-6282
Sign up for a FREE class taught by Mary Caroline Moore and Loren Castro that will cover all the basics of stage management. For ages 16 and up. To sign up, visit: https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?class_id=nctc~83882.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream
3 p.m. at the Nixon Centre, 1523 Lower Fayetteville Road, Newnan • 770-254-2787
It’s not too late to get your tickets to this weekend’s STAR performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream.’ Last week, students were privileged to learn from movement director, choreographer and facilitator for The Globe Theatre Kate Webster. The skills learned will surely help them execute an amazing performance of one of Shakespeare’s most popular works. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at thenixoncentre.net.

July 24 – MONDAY

Free Movie Mondays
10:30 a.m. at Wadsworth Auditorium, 25 Jefferson Street, Newnan
Free Movie – Clifford the Big Red Dog (Rated PG) will be shown. Free Popcorn as well.

Cougar Community Cookout
11 a.m.-1 p.m. at 1st Avenue Park, 24 1st Avenue, Newnan
The schools that feed into Newnan High School would like to invite you to this community event. Meet your Teachers, get School Supplies, Title I School Resources, Food, Drinks and Ice Cream.

Summer Movie Series at The Avenue
6:45 p.m. at The Avenue, 239 City Circle, Peachtree City
The fun begins at 6:45 with the movie starting at sunset. This week’s movie is DC League of Super-Pets. Bring your chairs and blankets and meet us at Central Park for tons of fun! Weather permitting.

Leave a reply

Share: