What To Do This Weekend: April 5-6-7

560
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

The weekend list of events here in the Coweta County area is small for Friday, Saturday and Sunday primarily due to the Spring Break Week underway.

On Friday evening, check out Kris Youman’s list of live music events and venues in Newnan and Peachtree City.

On Saturday, Market Day returns to downtown Newnan around the Courthouse Square. And Sunday, a free concert by the U.S. Air Force Band takes place at The Fred Amphitheater.

Weatherwise, rain is in the forecast each day but the weekend should not be a total washout. The National Weather Service in Peachtree City says to expect mostly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 70s with a 60% rain chance today, 40% on Saturday and 30% on Sunday.

Below is the day-to-day listing of events in the area. To have your event published, please email [email protected].

FRIDAY, APRIL 5

Exercise is Medicine
The Carnegie Library hosts this 45-minute class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A wellness class for prevention and management of chronic disease conditions. Call for details.
11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.


770-683-1347 • 1 LaGrange St., Newnan
https://www.newnancarnegie.com

Newnan Trolley Service
This free service is offered to take riders from downtown Newnan to Ashley Park. Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pickup locations at City Hall, the Governor Ellis Arnall Parking Lot on Madison Street, and Ashley Park near DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse.
1-8 p.m.

Local and Live Music
From Kris Youmans’ Music calendar each month in The Paper.

The Alamo – The 4 Ts, 9:30 p.m. • 19 West Court Street, Newnan
The Brickhouse – Thomas Fountain, 10 p.m. •  80 Newnan Station, Newnan
The Cellar/The Bays – Slim and None, 9 p.m. • 20B Jefferson Street, Newnan
The Mad Mexican – Andy Denny & Nicholas Lott, 6 p.m. • 2 East Court Square
Grazing Here – Matt Lyons Band, 9 p.m. • 2850 Highway 54, Peachtree City
SummerGrove Golf Club – The Dreamers, 7 p.m. • 335 SummerGrove Parkway, Newnan

SATURDAY, APRIL 6

FAACE’s “ARTpreneur” Workshop in PTC
Full day of workshops for artists (painters, writers,musicians, etc.) of all levels. Workshops will deal with legal aspects of starting an art business, copyright laws, taxes social media marketing, product photography (bring a piece to photograph), how to get into the shows / galleries, marketing and more. Lunch is included.
8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
678-667-4624 • 470 Commerce Drive, Peachtree City
For info: faace.org/artpreneur

Eye-Spy Camera Scavenger Hunt at The Bend
New Eye-Spy Camera Scavenger Hunt at the Chattahoochee Bend State Park. Bring your camera and take a look around our park for the items on our scavenger hunt list. Take a picture with each item on our list and bring your completed list and pictures to the office to claim your prize. Stop by the visitor center to pick up your scavenger hunt checkoff list. Event is free.
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

$5 parking
770-254-7271 • 425 Bobwhite Way, Newnan

Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic
The H.E.L.P. Spay/Neuter Clinic of Newnan is hosting its April Vaccine Clinic. Patients are seen first come, first served.  No appointment necessary. For Dogs: Rabies Vaccine, Distemper/Parvo (DHPP) Vaccine, Leptospirosis Vaccine, Kennel Cough Vaccine; Heartworm Test. For Cats: Rabies Vaccine, FELV Vaccine, Feline Upper Respiratory (FVRCP) Vaccine, FIV/FELV Combo Test. Microchips for Dogs and Cats only $25, includes registration!
9 – 10:45 a.m.
770-304-7911 • 12 The Crescent, Newnan

Sweep the Hooch at The Bend
Help clean up the river and trail at Chattahoochee Bend State Park. Volunteers can go by foot or in a kayak. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Please register online at: Chattahoochee.org/sweep-the-hooch. Meet at Day Use Area.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
$5 parking
770-254-7271 • 425 Bobwhite Way, Newnan

5-Year Anniversary Celebration at LKQ
LKQ Pick Your Part in Fayetteville is celebrating it’s 5-year anniversary with a 1-day, Anniversary Sale with 40% Off All Parts in its Yard. Free food and prizes.
9 a.m. to 4 :30 p.m.
770-461-1247 • 155 Roberts Road, Fayetteville GA

Market Day in Downtown Newnan
Market Day is the very first Saturday of each month from April to December in downtown Newnan. The Market features over 50 vendors made up of local artisans, artists and farmers offering handmade, homemade and homegrown products, with new vendors and new products each month.  Market Day favorites include: fresh locally grown produce, honey, jams & jellies, salsa, pottery, art, freshly baked goods, handmade furniture, birdhouses, wood art, and much more! Pickin’ on the Square also occurs simultaneously each month during the Market Day. It’s  the vernacular sounds of local musicians playing acoustic music around the Courthouse Lawn and side streets. Any musician with an acoustic instrument is invited to join..
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Courthouse Square, Downtown Newnan

Local Author Book Club at Grantville Library
The Grantville Branch Library invites all literary lovers to monthly book discussions on titles by local authors the first Saturday of the month. Discussion this week is on Coweta County: A Brief History by Jeff Bishop. Come and meet the author, discuss the book and answer questions.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
770-683-0535 • 100 Park Dr., Grantville

Newnan Trolley Service
This free service is offered to take riders from downtown Newnan to Ashley Park. Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pickup locations at City Hall, the Governor Ellis Arnall Parking Lot on Madison Street, and Ashley Park near DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse.
1-8 p.m.

Kids Night at Senoia Raceway
Kids Night is Saturday night! All kids 12 & under admitted to the grandstand for FREE! Limited LM runs for $1000 to win! Plus, Crate LM, LM Sportsman, Chargers, Bombers & Mini!
Gates Open: 5 p.m. • Hot Laps: 6:30 p.m. • Racing Starts: 7:30 p.m.
Tickets: $12, Kids Free
770-599-6161 • 171 Brown Road (off Hwy. 16), Senoia
For info: senoiaraceway.com

Gospel Concert
Hosted by Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church.
5 p.m. Bake Sale; 6 p.m. Concert
1927 McCollum-Sharpsburg Road, Newnan

Local and Live Music
From Kris Youmans’ Music calendar each month in The Paper.
The Alamo – DJ Nevian, 9 p.m. • 19 West Court Square, Newnan
Grazing Here – Gravity, 9 p.m. • 2850 Highway 54, Peachtree City
The Brickhouse – Back in Black, 10 p.m. •  80 Newnan Station, Newnan
The Cellar/The Bays – Adam Grant, 9 p.m. • 20B Jefferson Street, Newnan

The Great Southern Pub – Eley Road Band, 8 p.m. • 100 East Main Street, Hogansville
The Mad Mexican – Ellis Lowery, 6 p.m. • 2 East Court Square
Sweetland Amphitheater – John Prine, 8 p.m. • Boyd Park, 110 Smith Street, LaGrange

SUNDAY, APRIL 7

Newnan Trolley Service
This free service is offered to take riders from downtown Newnan to Ashley Park. Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pickup locations at City Hall, the Governor Ellis Arnall Parking Lot on Madison Street, and Ashley Park near DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse.
1-8 p.m.

Dinner & Art Event Sunday at Something Special
Introducing new artists to the Coweta Community and celebrating Jackson Education Memorial Initiative Award recipients.
2-5 p.m.
$25 per person
Text: 845-549-9057 for info • Something Special at Lillian Gardens, 83 Greenville Street, Newnan

U.S. Air Force Academy Band at The Fred
Celebrate America with The United States Air Force Academy Band at The Fred Amphitheater. This family-friendly event is open to the public and features performances ranging from patriotic favorites and traditional marches to concert works and Broadway classics..
3 p.m.
Free Admission
The Fred Amphitheater, 201 McIntosh Trail, Peachtree City

Local and Live Music
From Kris Youmans’ Music calendar each month in The Paper.
Fat Boys Bar & Grill – Sunday Funday with Forrest Lowe, 3 p.m. • 485 Hwy. 16 North, Newnan

BINGO! at Coweta Veterans Club
Newnan’s American Legion Post 57 hosts Bingo every Sunday.There are 5 – $100 games. Up to $1,000 Jackpot depending on number of players. $15 plays all games. Snack Bar. Smoke Free. Off of Hwy. 29N, across from Southern Roots Nursery.
6 p.m.
770-251-6949 • 130 Veterans Rd., Newnan

Leave a reply

Share: