Weekend Weather in Coweta: Mostly Cloudy, Warm

504
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

Even though the National Weather Service in Peachtree City lists a rain chance each day this weekend, it shouldn’t be considered a washout.

The forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid-70s to near 80 degrees. There is a 60 percent rain chance today, 40 percent chance on Saturday and 30 percent on Sunday.

The good news with the rain chances are washing away the extremely high pollen counts. This morning, Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Center posted a 6,262 pollen count, the highest since 2013.

Below is a day-by-day forecast (as of 6 a.m.) by the National Weather Service:

TODAY – Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then a chance of showers between 8am and 3pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

FRIDAY NIGHT – A slight chance of showers before midnight, then a slight chance of showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

SATURDAY – A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

SATURDAY NIGHT – A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

SUNDAY – A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

SUNDAY NIGHT – A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.

Leave a reply

Share: