Coweta Schools urge early New Student Registration for Aug. 4 School Start
From Coweta County Schools System Press Release
Student registration for Coweta Schools is ongoing through the summer, in preparation for the start of school on Thursday, August 4.
Parents of students who are new to the Coweta County School System are urged to register students as early as possible to avoid the rush of registering near the start of the new school year.
New Coweta parents register their children for the 2022-2023 school year through an online registration system.
Registration applications submitted online will be reviewed during the normal summer business hours of the school system’s Central Registration center:
June 6 – July 15: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. (closed Fridays)
July 18 – School Year Open: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Parents with questions about the process can call the registration center at 770-254-5551 or write to them at [email protected].
To register a student online, parents should go to cowetaschools.net and complete an online pre-registration (located on the page under the heading “School Registration”). In addition to basic information, parents can then upload electronic copies of required student documents and proof of residency documents (pdf, a high-quality jpeg or other photo, or other format).
Parents will be asked to upload the following digital-format documents:
- Birth Certificate or Passport for student. Birth certificates may be obtained for a fee at the Coweta County Probate Court Office in downtown Newnan (770-254-2640).
- Social Security Card for student.
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License or other state issued ID.
- Georgia Immunization Certificate – form #3231. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.
- Georgia Hearing, Dental, Vision, Nutritional Screening – form #3300. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.
* Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician. Students new to Georgia, may be enrolled provisionally with waiver issued at time of registration.
- Proof of Residency (two items from the following list):
- Current monthly mortgage statement which indicates the location of the residence
- Apartment/home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address
- Current electric bill or application for electrical service showing service address
- Property tax record which indicates the location of the residence
- Voter precinct identification card with current address
(Please note: if proofs are not in the parent or legal guardian’s name, please also upload the ID for the person whose name appears on the proofs
Other helpful documentation for enrollment include custody documents, if applicable, academic transcripts and/or withdrawal form, and special education documents (IEP for services).
After completing the online registration, parents will receive an email with their application status and further instructions. Response times following the initial application could take several days to a week, due to volume, and more information may be needed.
At this time, registration is completely online. Parents are asked to try to complete the application by answering all questions on the online site, even if they cannot upload or print documents. At the end, click the red SUBMIT button to send the application for review. Parents will then see a link for a calendar to schedule an appointment to complete paperwork if needed at that time. Appointment slots are limited.
For assistance, parents can contact the school system’s Central Registration Center at 770-254-5551 or by email to [email protected].