Downtown Greenville Street To Close For Filming
A section of Greenville Street in downtown Newnan will be closed at various times throughout the month of June for filming.
Newnan City Council approved the request from Random Productions for the closures for a new HBO series, according to city spokeswoman Ashley Copeland.
Crew were out today (June 3) prepping Greenville Street for the filming.
According to the film company’s proposal:
“155 Greenville St (between Spence Ave. and Lambert St.) and Greenville St (Between Spence Ave. and Nimmons St.) One of our main characters buys this residence which will be depicted at first as abandoned, but it is updated over the course of the season.
“Different scenes will be filmed in and around the house including one where the character throws a party. On the exterior we see the main character view the house for the first time. We see thugs come to disrupt a house party. This causes the character to react and smash car windows, prompting the police to arrive, and a subsequent arrest.
2. 14 Greenville St / Greenville St (Between Spring St. and Broad St.) This storefront will portray a Realtor’s office visited by one of our main characters. Out front we will see a car pull up, park, and then the character enter the office.”
Street closures, dates and times, according to Copeland include:
- Filming will take place at 14 Greenville Street between Spring Street and Broad Street June 10 and 12, and at 155 Greenville Street on June 11 and 18-21.
- Greenville Street will be fully closed from Spring to Broad on June 10 from the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and June 11 from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- There will be lane closures on June 10 and 12.
- There will be a full closure of Greenville Street between Spence Avenue and Nimmons Street from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. June 11 and 18; from 10 a.m. June 19 to 2 a.m. June 20 and from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m., June 20 and from noon June 21 to 6 a.m.
The city has a new section on its website called “Approved and Upcoming Filming,” which can be found by clicking here.
That section gives additional details, including maps, of proposed filming locations and closures.