Thanksgiving Forecast: Showers, thunderstorms push through overnight

155
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

A fast-moving cold front will be pushing through Coweta County and Georgia later today and overnight with showers and possibly some strong storms with it, says the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

The primary threats with these storms will be locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds. This same system produced a tornado in the Dallas, Texas area yesterday but the system should not be quite as strong as it moves through Georgia.

Today, folks can expect a 30 percent chance of showers mainly after 4 p.m. with a high near 70 degrees. South wind will be 5-10 mph, gusting to 15. The front will then push through overnight increasing rain chances to 70 percent with a low near 59.

On Thanksgiving Day, look for clouds early with a 60 percent rain chance before clearing in the afternoon. Partly sunny skies are forecast with a high near 71. And Thanksgiving Night, the forecast says partly cloudy skies with a low of 48 and only a slight chance of rain (20 percent).

Leave a reply

Share: