Update: Level Two Water Restrictions in place for Coweta Water Authority customers
From Staff Reports
A drier than normal summer and fall have caused Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority to implement Level Two water restrictions for its customers.
Earlier, Winters Media & Publishing, Inc., had reported from an older press release that Newnan Utilities was also placing Water Restrictions on its customers. A Newnan Utilities spokesperson confirmed today that is not true and no restrictions are in place for NU customers. The only restrictions currently in place here locally are for Coweta County Water & Sewerage Authority customers.
Under Level Two drought restrictions, residents are limited to two days of outdoor watering per week:
• Customers with even-numbered addresses may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays, before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
• Those with odd-numbered addresses may water on Thursdays and Sundays, before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
The following outdoor water uses shall not be allowed, except as provided below:
1. Washing hard surfaces such as streets, gutters, sidewalks and driveways, except when necessary for public health and safety;
2. Using water for ornamental purposes, such as fountains, reflecting pools, and waterfalls;
3. Use of fire hydrants, except for the purposes of firefighting, public health, safety, or flushing;
4. Washing vehicles, such as cars, boats, trailers, motorbikes, airplanes, or golf carts;
5. Non-commercial washing, or pressure washing, of buildings or structures, except for immediate fire protection;
6. Charity, or non-commercial fund-raiser, car washes.