Year in Review: Poplar Place overwhelming Most Viewed Story in 2022
From Staff Reports
The most viewed story on the Winters Media & Publishing digital platforms in 2022 was the announcement that a new type of development – Poplar Place – had been approved by the city of Newnan.
Local reporter Winston Skinner wrote the story back in early February. The story reached a total of 25,232 readers on the combined Winters Media digital products – wintersmedia.net and Facebook (@wintersmediapublishing). The development will be a total of 42.2 acres on Poplar Road just off the new I-85 Exit 44. Readers can view the story HERE.
Old-fashioned Christmas candy at Arnall Grocery Company apparently remains dear to the hearts of Coweta County residents. Our story on the arrival of the sweet treats in mid-November reached 6,108 readers for a distant second place on the 2022 Top 20 list.
This year’s Kiwanis Coweta County Fair was the most attended in its history and our readers gave an early indication as such. Our story on the start of Mega Pass sales in mid-August was viewed a total of 4,673 times for third place.
Food has always been a popular subject on the Winters Media & Publishing platforms. In August, columnist Angela McRae offered up a story on the trick to making Chocolate Madeleines. The story came in fourth on the Top 20 list having reached 4,175 readers.
And events in downtown Newnan are another popular subject to our readers. The fifth-place story in 2022 was the announcement of the Newnan Christmas Parade which reached 4,161 readers in early November.
Remember the mention of food earlier? H.J. Wings and Things appeared in the Top 20 list twice at 6th and 10th places. First, our Facebook post in February revealed that H.J. Wings and Things had just opened at the former Fat Boys location and was viewed 2,405 times. The second story was the October feature in The Paper – The Joint. That one reached 2,248 readers.
Keep Newnan Beautiful’s advance story of its last Paper Shredding Event of the year finished seventh (2,503 views).
In eighth place was an article on Senoia’s Memorial Day Ceremony of Remembrance (2,373), followed by a story of Norma Haynes being named Citizen of the Year in ninth place (2,348).
Below is the entire Top 20 list.
MOST VIEWED STORIES ON WINTERS MEDIA & PUBLISHING
1. 25,232 … Poplar Place approved by City, something new for Coweta, 2/9
2. 6,108 … Christmas Candy arrives at Arnall Grocery, 11/14
3. 4,673 … In-Person, Online Mega Pass Sales underway, 8/22
4. 4,175 … The Weekly Kitchen: Chocolate Madeleines, 8/11
5. 4,161 … Christmas Parade set for Dec. 10, 11/7
6. 2,405 … H.J. Wings and Things opens at former Fat Boys location, 2/18
7. 2,503 … Last 2022 Paper Shredding Event set for Dec. 3, 11/29
8. 2,373 … Senoia to host Memorial Day Ceremony of Remembrance, 5/10
9. 2,348 … Norma Haynes named Citizen of the Year, 1/27
10. 2,248 … The Joint: H.J. Wings & Things, 10/6
11. 2,195 … Outdoors: Gardening Tips, Lawn Care, Bird Watching, 2/11
12. 1,969 … Crab Legs priced at local grocery story at $89.99 per pound, 9/28
13. 1,887 … 2022-23 Coweta County School Calendar, 7/27
14. 1,879 … Electronics Recycling Event set for April 23, 4/18
15. 1,862 … Coweta-Fayette EMC selects Washington Youth Tour Delegates, 4/6
16. 1,859 … Newnan Coweta Historical Society honored at Museum Conference, 2/18
17. 1,838 … Coweta School Board lowers Property Tax Rate, 8/22
18. 1,700 … Fish Days set for June 9 at Arnall Grocery, 5/17
19. 1,699 … Grant from Alan Jackson Concert helps replace damaged van, 6/7
20. 1,686 … The Music: Local & Live July Calendar, 7/8