Coweta County Schools registering new students for 2019-20 academic year
From Coweta County Schools Press Release
Parents of students who are new to the Coweta County School System can register their children for the 2019-20 school year before school begins on Monday, Aug. 5.
Parents are encouraged to register students during this early period to avoid the rush of registering near the start of the new school year. New student registration is conducted at the school system’s Central Registration Center at 167 Werz Industrial Boulevard in Newnan (770-254-5551).
Through July 18, parents can register at the center from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday (closed on Fridays). No new registrations are started after 4 p.m.
The Registration Center resumes normal hours on Monday, July 22, and will be open Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. All registrations are conducted on a walk-in basis, first-come first-serve.
Enrolling a child for school is a two-step process:
STEP 1: Log on to the school system’s website www.cowetaschools.net and complete an online pre-registration form. Online pre-registration may be completed at home, or at kiosks available at the Werz Industrial Blvd. office.
STEP 2: Visit the Registration Center at 167 Werz Industrial Boulevard in Newnan with the following required registration documents:
1. Birth Certificate (for the student being enrolled) – A state-issued, certified copy is required (hospital certificates are not accepted). Birth certificates may be obtained for a fee at the Coweta County Probate Court Office in downtown Newnan.
2. Social Security Card (for the student being enrolled).
3. Proof of Residence – two (2) items from the following list are required for address verification:
a. Mortgage documents or a security deed which indicates the location of the residence;
b. Apartment or home lease or rent receipt indicating the current address;
c. Current electrical bill or an approved application for electrical service showing the current address (please bring the entire bill, to show electrical service and address);
d. Property tax records which indicate the location of the residence;
e. Voter precinct identification card indicating the current address.
4. State ID or Drivers License – Must be current (not expired). Students may only be registered by a biological parent or legal guardian. Proof of custody or guardianship is required if the registering adult is not the birth parent.
5. Immunization Certificate – Georgia Department of Human Resources (DHR) immunization certificate form 3231. Students new to Georgia may be enrolled provisionally with a waiver at the time of registration.
6. Hearing-Dental-Vision-Nutritional Certificate on Georgia Form 3300. Students new to Georgia may be enrolled provisionally with a waiver at the time of registration.
Immunization and Hearing-Dental-Vision certificates can be obtained from the Coweta County Health Department (770-254-7400), or from a family physician. Short-term waivers issued to students new to Georgia during registration will allow parents time to obtain the certificates, but students may be withdrawn if the certificates are not filed by the end of the waiver period.
Other documents which may be helpful during registration include custody documents, if applicable, academic transcripts and /or withdrawal form, and special education documents from previous schools (to help establish and IEP for services).
Only children who are not currently enrolled in a Coweta County school must be registered to attend school. Students who were enrolled in a Coweta County School in the previous school year do not need to register again.
Students must attend the school for which their home is districted. To find out what elementary school district serves an address, call the Coweta County School System Transportation Department at 770-254-2820.
Call the registration center at 770-254-5551 with any questions.