Rain likely today, Freeze Warning tonight in Coweta
From Staff Reports
This Halloween forecast is one for the ages, according to the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.
Here’s what to expect in the next 24 hours in the Coweta County area:
• Today, a 90 percent rain chance with showers and a possible thunderstorm is likely after 9 a.m.
• High temperature of 72 degrees around 11 a.m.
• After reaching today’s high, a cold front pushes through dropping the temperature and bringing wind gusts as high as 20 mph.
• Tonight, showers likely at 60 percent before 9 p.m. with temperatures in the high 40s. Northwest wind of 10-15 mph, gusting to 25, moves in.
• Temperatures drop to near 33 degrees overnight (nearly a 40-degree drop).
• A Freeze Warning is in effect for Coweta from 11 p.m. tonight until 10 a.m. Friday.
• Friday’s forecast is sunny with a high of 56 degrees with North winds at 5-10 mph.
A Freeze Warning means that frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing.