Weather: Heat continues thru Saturday, cooler temps and rain on Sunday

375
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

The heat is expected to continue into the weekend before rain will cool things a bit on Sunday, says the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

The high temperatures for the past two days were 87 degrees on Wednesday and 88 on Thursday, reported at the Newnan-Coweta Airport weather station. Summer’s early preview continues today as the high is expected to be 89 and then 88 on Saturday. Overnight lows will be in the mid-60s.

A slight chance of rain enters the forecast on Saturday, listed at 30 percent. That chance increases to 70 percent on Sunday when the high temperature drops to 83, then 78 on Monday. 

Below is the extended forecast for Coweta from the National Weather Service in Peachtree City as of 6:15 a.m. on Friday, May 20, 2022. For up-to-date weather information, visit: NWS Newnan Page.

FRIDAY –  Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

FRIDAY NIGHT – Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind around 5 mph.

SATURDAY – A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

SATURDAY NIGHT – A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 5 mph

SUNDAY –  Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

MONDAY – A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

The Coweta County weekend forecast from the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

Leave a reply

Share: