WGTC Foundation announces Snider Family Scholarship Recipient
From WGTC Press Release
The West Georgia Technical College Foundation has announced that Erica Arango is the Fall 2022 recipient of the Snider Family Scholarship.
Arango is currently a student enrolled in the Healthcare Management degree program at the Coweta Campus.
“The Foundation is humbled to be a part of the life-changing stories of our students and are so fortunate to have engaged partners like the Sniders who help to provide opportunities for WGTC students,” said Brittney Henderson, Executive Director of the West Georgia Technical College Foundation.
The scholarship was designed by Susan and Bill Snider as a way to provide an opportunity to students who may not have another option for financing higher education. The scholarship is awarded to one to two students each academic year, covering 2/3 of the student’s tuition and fees. The student is responsible for paying the remaining 1/3.
“We want to give the recipients the greatest chance for success, so we are committing to be available to mentor the students to whatever extent they want us involved and to have the scholarship follow them to the completion of their initial program,” said Bill Snider, founder of the Snider Family Scholarship Fund. Students who are awarded this scholarship will receive the scholarship each semester until completion of their program provided they are in good academic standing.
Criteria for the scholarship is as follows:
- Student must be enrolled at WGTC pursuing a certificate, diploma, or degree in one of the following areas: Business and Healthcare Management; Nursing; Health Services; Manufacturing and Production; Professional Services; Installation, Maintenance, and Repair; Architecture and Engineering; or Systems Information Management.
- Student must have a 2.0 – 3.0 GPA. Incoming students must provide a transcript or proof of their GED
- Student cannot be receiving the Pell or Hope Grant
- Student must demonstrate a financial need
- Student must maintain a good academic standing to continue to receive the scholarship for multiple semesters.
“We believe that each of the broad range of programs offered at WGTC are important vocations, so the scholarship is open to any program at any WGTC campus,” said Bill Snider.
Scholarships are offered each semester to students in a variety of programs and locations at WGTC.
For more information about scholarship opportunities available, please visit our website at: https://www.westgatech.edu/discover-wgtc/foundation/foundation-scholarship/. To learn more about establishing or contributing to a scholarship fund, please contact Brittney Henderson at [email protected].