Newnan Utilities announces June 1st for reopening lobby; Carl Miller Park still closed
From Newnan Utilities
Newnan Utilities will reopen its 70 Sewell Road lobby effective Monday, June 1. The Wahoo Creek Customer Service Center on the bypass will remain closed until further notice.
We will be following guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and State of Georgia to ensure the safety of our staff, customers, and community.
“We remain committed to providing our customers with continued high quality, safe and reliable service, keeping our customer’s lights on and water flowing. The health and safety of our customers, our employees, and our entire community is of the utmost importance to us,” said Dennis McEntire, general manager.
Reopening requires all of us to work together by practicing social distancing and other recommendations outlined by the CDC and the state of Georgia in order to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. The precautionary measures we have taken to ensure the safety of all are as follows:
- Only four (4) customers will be allowed in the lobby at a time and will be required to follow instructions clearly outlined on signage throughout the lobby
- At no time will more than 10 people be in the lobby area (customer and staff total)
- Upon entering the lobby, customers will be required to sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer provided by Newnan Utilities
- Face masks for customers are optional
- While waiting in line outside the building, customers are asked to practice social distancing and to not congregate in groups
- Plexiglass partitions are in place throughout the lobby to ensure a safe distance between customers and staff
- Directional signage is in place to instruct customers on traffic flow
- Enhanced sanitization practices are in place throughout the lobby, especially at point-of-sale locations
For more information about CDC and State of Georgia guidelines, please visit www.cdc.gov and www.georgia.gov
Carl Miller Park is not yet open, as we follow Governor Kemp’s guidelines for playground equipment and gatherings of larger groups. We look forward to reopening the park when it is safe for our community to enjoy those facilities, and we will be following all recommended guidelines for playgrounds, parks, and public spaces.
Newnan Utilities continues to support our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic through our Utility Assistance Grant program for qualifying customers, the waiving of late fees, and payment arrangements to help our customers manage through the economic challenges facing so many. Additionally, we have waived disconnections of service due to nonpayment, until further notice.
We are also committed to providing help and support to the community as we all manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. Specific information on ways everyone can help in the community can be found on our Ways to Help page on our website at https://newnanutilities.org/ways-to-help.html
We encourage our customers to continue taking advantage of our online services. Some of the easiest tasks to perform electronically are managing online accounts and paying bills. Customers can manage their accounts at www.NewnanUtilities.org and by clicking on the green LOG IN button. Customers can always speak with us on the telephone at 770-683-5516 as well.
“We appreciate our customers’ support and patience during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said McEntire.