Weather: Cool temperatures this weekend with rain moving in Sunday

230
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

The weekend will start with sunny skies and cool temperatures before rain arrives Sunday afternoon here in Coweta County, says the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

Both Friday and Saturday forecasts call for sunny to mostly sunny skies with a high today of 51 degrees and the high on Saturday near 58. The overnight low this evening will be 30 and on Saturday night 39.

Clouds will begin moving in Saturday night into Sunday morning as an 80 percent rain chance is in Sunday’s forecast, with those showers mainly starting after 1 p.m. That 80 percent chance remains through Sunday night and drops to 20 percent on Monday morning. Sunday’s high is expected to be 56 degrees.

For updated weather information, click the following National Weather Service Newnan LINK.

Below is the weekend forecast from the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

FRIDAY – Sunny, with a high near 51. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

FRIDAY NIGHT – Mostly clear, with a low around 30. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

SATURDAY – Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Light southwest wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

SUNDAY – Showers, mainly after 1pm. High near 56. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

MONDAY – A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Leave a reply

Share: