Weather: Warm, muggy with rain chances through holiday weekend
From Staff Reports
It’s one of those rinse and repeat types of weather forecasts here for Coweta County over the Independence Day holiday weekend.
The forecast essentially looks the same for today, Saturday and Sunday with highs in the mid-80s and a 50-60 percent chance of an afternoon shower or thunderstorm. Monday’s forecast appears to be a little better with only a 40 percent chance of rain.
Overnight lows will be near 70 degrees.
For the Fourth of July Parade on Monday morning in downtown Newnan, the forecast calls for mostly sunny skies with a high in the mid-to-upper 70s. Later that evening, the Rotary Club of Newnan hosts its annual July 4th Fireworks Show at the Coweta County Fairgrounds. The forecast says to expect a temperature near 80 degrees at sunset with a 40 percent rain chance during the day dropping to 20 percent at night.
Below is the extended forecast for Coweta from the National Weather Service in Peachtree City as of 9:15 a.m. on Friday, July 1, 2022. For up-to-date weather information, visit: NWS Newnan Page.
FRIDAY – Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
FRIDAY NIGHT – A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 4am, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
SATURDAY – Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
SUNDAY – A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
FOURTH OF JULY – A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.