Weekend Weather: Rain Friday; sunny skies move in for Saturday, Sunday

98
0
Share:

From Staff Reports

The weekend begins with a rainy Friday morning but will end with a nice Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service in Peachtree City.

A 70 percent rain chance is in today’s (Friday) forecast, mainly before 11 a.m. It will be cloudy and the rain will taper off later in the afternoon and be at only a 30 percent chance of precipitation by the evening.

The high today will be only 48 degrees and the overnight low of 37.

On Saturday and Sunday, sunny skies return with highs near 60 both days and lows in the mid-30s.

Below is the day-by-day weekend forecast from the NWS (As of 6 a.m.):

FRIDAY – Rain likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

FRIDAY NIGHT – A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

SATURDAY – Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

SATURDAY NIGHT – Mostly clear, with a low around 35. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

SUNDAY – Sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind.

SUNDAY NIGHT – Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.

Leave a reply

Share: